BKB Moms started the first school fair 6 years ago. Every year the fair hosts more and more parents who attend our fair and conference.
The event is a great way to learn more about school options, from preschool to private as well as public school options in Miami. Principals, Admissions Directors, teachers, and parent volunteers representing different grade levels and preschools/schools are on hand to answer questions and share information.
This year the fair takes place on Saturday, October 20, 2018, 9:00am to 1:00pm, at Bayside Pavilion Building, Mercy Campus (3663 South Miami Avenue, 33133 - Coconut Grove).
The fair can feel a bit overwhelming, but with a good attitude, some patience, and a full bottle of water, you will find many answers to your school questions.
Tips for Navigating the Fair
• Car pool with a friend, uber, drive or use the public trolley (which has a stop at Mercy). Parking is easy, right next to the Bayside Pavilion is the visitor parking.
• Arrive early. Doors open at 9am. Check out the schedule for your session of interest.
• Plan to spend about 2 hours at the fair.
• Register in advance for your session of interest. Check out sessions
• Bring: tote bag for handouts, your phone charged, water and snacks, a notebook or digital tablet.
Once You Get There
• Just let our moms know you are there and get your free annual schools directory 2019!
• Attend one or more interesting, useful and not to miss panels/sessions.
• Visit the Expo and ask questions, schedule all your November and December school tours.
• Bring your most important questions for school representatives.
• Conserve paper. Take photos of important contact info or handouts and build a digital file.
The fair can be noisy and crowded. Even when there are a fun spots for your little ones, there will be for the first time ever, nanny services courtesy of College Nannies & Tutors (2nd floor of Expo). Please, Plan accordingly, service is subject to space and time limitations.